Middle School Academy Also 7th/8th Recovery
Our Middle School Academy is a “school-within-a-school” which affords students fifteen years of age or older, who are active 8th graders, the opportunity to accelerate their learning. The academy is a year-long program that emphasizes a team approach to remediation , course recovery, and performance-based learning to complete middle school and earn high school credit.
Teachers utilize project-based learning, a technology rich curriculum and State Standards to deliver quality instruction. Students spend a full year in the academy program, and enjoy small classes.
Highlights of the program include:
- Small-class size
- Wrap around services including a small instructional team, certified school counselors, a school social worker, and other services to support the needs of the individual student
- Highly qualified teachers
- General Core Courses (Mathematics, Language Arts & Science)
- Differentiated Instruction
- Remediation and Acceleration
- Project Based Learning Experiences
- Technology Rich Curriculum
- Transportation to and from school
- Participation in the district’s school lunch program